By Peter Wright
Designed to get programmers as much as specialist degrees as quick as attainable, ADO.NET: From amateur to Pro is aimed at builders who've very little .NET or ADO.NET event, in addition to programmers who're now not but pleased with database programming. Best-selling writer Peter Wright painlessly strikes readers from uncomplicated database entry to the delicate manipulation of XML documents.
The publication starts off by means of exhibiting you the elemental structure of ADO.NET, after which offers you the instruments you will want to paintings with information services and the relationship, Command, and DataSet items. Wright then drills down into the subjects which are crucial for you as a qualified developer to appreciate, together with transactions, concurrency, typed DataSets, and using XML with ADO.NET.
Through various hands-on examples and dealing code that's adaptable to person tasks, you are going to how to create quick and strong ADO.NET firm purposes. by way of the tip of this publication, you can actually paintings at a certified point using Microsoft's strongest data-access technology.
Read Online or Download ADO.NET: From Novice to Pro, Visual Basic .NET Edition PDF
Best visual basic books
Light-weight but strong, VBScript from Microsoft is utilized in 4 major parts: server-side net functions utilizing energetic Server Pages (ASP), client-side internet scripts utilizing net Explorer, code at the back of Outlook varieties, and the automation of repetitive projects utilizing home windows Script Host (WSH). VBScript in a Nutshell, moment version, gives you present and entire documentation for programmers and method directors who are looking to strengthen potent scripts in all 4 components.
This identify is perfect for any developer who seeks information on tips on how to make the most the database performance and complex, built-in improvement surroundings in Microsoft visible simple . web. The publication covers middle visible easy database improvement themes, with information on utilizing visible easy . internet with Microsoft ActiveX information items (ADO), ADO+, and Microsoft SQL Server.
No matter if you are a newbie, strength consumer, or pro specialist, home windows Vista: The Definitive advisor has every thing you want to customise the working approach, grasp your electronic media, deal with your facts, and hold your desktop -- despite which home windows Vista variation you are using.
Why this ebook and never another source? Bestselling writer and home windows specialist William Stanek does not simply educate you the stairs you must persist with, he additionally tells you the way beneficial properties paintings, why they paintings, and the way you could customise them to fulfill your wishes. you will methods to squeeze out each final little bit of strength out of home windows Vista, and the way to take advantage of out of its positive factors and courses, together with how to:
- arrange, customise and music home windows Vista - Optimize its visual appeal and function; set up, configure and continue software program; customise your undefined; and set up printers, scanners and faxes
- deal with your documents - seek your desktop extra successfully; safe your documents and knowledge; proportion and collaborate; and get the main out of components equivalent to the Mobility Center
- grasp your electronic media - Create media libraries with Media participant; deal with electronic images and movies with photograph Gallery; make DVDs with DVD Maker; and create video clips with motion picture Maker
- Get attached and begin networking - arrange a house or small-office community; discover ways to use home windows Mail, Calendar, and assembly house; triumph over web Explorer 7; and grasp on-the-go networking
- shield your laptop - retain your loved ones secure whereas on the web; arrange parental controls and content material rankings; navigate the pc protection maze; configure home windows Vista's protection features
- deal with and aid home windows Vista platforms - care for consumer bills, disks and drives; deal with regimen upkeep and troubleshooting; and unravel complex aid and restoration issues
- study complicated tips & recommendations - deal with the home windows boot surroundings, discover team coverage, detect keyboard shortcuts, and masses extra
Starting Object-Oriented ASP. web 2. zero with VB . internet covers all the fundamentals, from definition to inheritance. This e-book even incorporates a bankruptcy on visible Studio 2005 and Microsoft . internet Framework 2. zero, allowing you to create ASP. internet 2. zero functions. additionally integrated are chapters on growing internet types, net controls, and internet providers.
- ASP.NET Website Programming, Visual Basic .NET Edition: Problem, Design, Solution
- Aprenda practicando visual basic 2005 usando visual studio 2005
Extra info for ADO.NET: From Novice to Pro, Visual Basic .NET Edition
Alternatively, you can right -click the Tables heading underneath the database concerned and choose New Table. The main document area of Visual Studio will change to show the table editor, afamiliar sight I'm sure to all those of you who've ever created tables with Access or SQL Server before. NET Description D€fClI t 'al'I" PrecIs on Scae -. -. 10 0 Identity IdentIty Seed Identity Increment Yes Is ROwGUict No Formula 1 1 -- Figure 1-10. NET's database table editor In the top part of the panel, you enter the names for your table's columns, select their data type, specify the column's length in bytes (some types, such as BigInt, come with a preordained length), and finally specify whether or not the column can ever be left empty when a new record is inserted.
SQl Servers ~ ENTERPRlSE e·. Ii: master e·· & model e·· Ii: msdb B·· ~ Northwind i e . i:J: Database Diagrams B" ~Tables i $-- IiliI Categories , $-- IiliI CustomerCustomerDemo lit·· IiliI CustomerDemographiC5 tiJ,.. IiliI Customers $.. IiliI Employees ~ IiliI Employ~Territories IE·. IiliI Order Details ~.. IiliI Orders e·. lit.. IlTII $. IiliI a Products Region Shippers Suppliers tiJ, . IiliI t .. IiliI i IE.. IiliI Territories ~. th Views ffi·. Stored Procedures Figure 1-7. The Server Explorer provides you with all the functionality you need to build, manage, and configure your MSDE and SQL Server databases.
Remember, when you key this code into your own project, you'll need to change the name of the data source to match the name of the computer you have MSDE installed on (just as you did with the connections example back at the start of the chapter). With the Connection object set up, the code then moves on to setting up a Command object: , Set up a command object to go and run our query Dim employeeCommand As SqlCommand = New _ SqlCommand("SELECT EmployeeID, LastName, FirstName FROM Employees", dbConnection) The SqlCommand object's constructor is overloaded, meaning that there are many different sets of parameters that you can pass to a SqlCommand object when it is created.