By Matthew MacDonald, Bill Hamilton
Written via specialists at the MicrosoftÂR .NET programming platform, ADO.NET in a Nutshell can provide every thing .NET programmers might want to get a jump-start on ADO.NET know-how or to sharpen their abilities even additional. within the culture of O'Reilly's In a Nutshell sequence, ADO.NET in a Nutshell is the main whole and concise resource of ADO.NET info on hand. ADO.NET is the suite of information entry applied sciences within the .NET Framework that builders use to construct functions companies getting access to relational info and XML. Connecting to databases is a primary a part of so much purposes, whether or not they are internet, WindowsÂR, allotted, client/server, XML net prone, or anything completely various. yet ADO.NET is considerably diversified from Microsoft's past information entry applied sciences - together with the former model of ADO - so even skilled builders have to comprehend the fundamentals of the recent disconnected version earlier than they begin programming with it. present with the .NET Framework 1.1, ADO.NET in a Nutshell deals one position to appear in the event you need assistance with something relating to this crucial know-how, together with a connection with the ADO.NET namespaces and item version. as well as being a worthy reference, this publication presents a concise starting place for programming with ADO.NET and covers numerous concerns that programmers face while constructing internet purposes or net prone that depend upon database entry. utilizing C#, this booklet provides actual international, useful examples to help you placed ADO.NET to paintings instantly.
Read Online or Download ADO.NET in a Nutshell PDF
Similar visual basic books
Light-weight but strong, VBScript from Microsoft is utilized in 4 major parts: server-side net purposes utilizing energetic Server Pages (ASP), client-side internet scripts utilizing net Explorer, code at the back of Outlook kinds, and the automation of repetitive projects utilizing home windows Script Host (WSH). VBScript in a Nutshell, moment version, gives you present and whole documentation for programmers and process directors who are looking to enhance powerful scripts in all 4 parts.
This name is perfect for any developer who seeks counsel on find out how to take advantage of the database performance and complex, built-in improvement setting in Microsoft visible simple . internet. The publication covers middle visible simple database improvement subject matters, with info on utilizing visible easy . internet with Microsoft ActiveX facts items (ADO), ADO+, and Microsoft SQL Server.
No matter if you are a newbie, strength consumer, or professional specialist, home windows Vista: The Definitive consultant has every thing you want to customise the working process, grasp your electronic media, deal with your information, and preserve your machine -- despite which home windows Vista version you are using.
Why this publication and never another source? Bestselling writer and home windows specialist William Stanek does not simply educate you the stairs you want to stick to, he additionally tells you the way positive aspects paintings, why they paintings, and the way you could customise them to satisfy your wishes. you will easy methods to squeeze out each final little bit of energy out of home windows Vista, and the way to take advantage of out of its positive aspects and courses, together with how to:
- arrange, customise and music home windows Vista - Optimize its visual appeal and function; set up, configure and keep software program; customise your undefined; and set up printers, scanners and faxes
- deal with your records - seek your machine extra successfully; safe your records and information; percentage and collaborate; and get the main out of components similar to the Mobility Center
- grasp your electronic media - Create media libraries with Media participant; deal with electronic photos and video clips with photograph Gallery; make DVDs with DVD Maker; and create video clips with motion picture Maker
- Get hooked up and begin networking - organize a house or small-office community; discover ways to use home windows Mail, Calendar, and assembly area; overcome net Explorer 7; and grasp on-the-go networking
- defend your laptop - continue your loved ones secure whereas on the net; manage parental controls and content material rankings; navigate the pc safety maze; configure home windows Vista's safeguard features
- deal with and aid home windows Vista platforms - take care of consumer bills, disks and drives; deal with regimen upkeep and troubleshooting; and unravel complex help and restoration issues
- research complicated guidance & ideas - deal with the home windows boot setting, discover workforce coverage, become aware of keyboard shortcuts, and masses extra
Starting Object-Oriented ASP. web 2. zero with VB . internet covers the entire fundamentals, from definition to inheritance. This booklet even contains a bankruptcy on visible Studio 2005 and Microsoft . web Framework 2. zero, permitting you to create ASP. internet 2. zero functions. additionally incorporated are chapters on developing net types, internet controls, and net providers.
- Pro Excel 2007 VBA
- Writing Excel Macros with VBA (2nd Edition)
- Programming ADO
- Parallel Programming with Microsoft Visual C++: Design Patterns for Decomposition and Coordination on Multicore Architectures (Patterns and Practices)
- Developer's Guide to Microsoft Enterprise Library, Visual Basic Edition (Patterns & Practices)
Extra resources for ADO.NET in a Nutshell
CommandText property, which defines the command, must be a string. As with the Connection object, the Command object is specific to the data provider. 0 or later. OleDbCommand executes commands against an OLE DB data provider. IDbCommand interface. That means it is guaranteed to support the members shown in Tables 4-1 and 4-2. At a minimum, you must set the CommandText and a reference to a valid Connection before using a Command. In addition, you must modify the CommandType default value if you wish to invoke a stored procedure.
SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection(connectionString); SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand(procedure, con); // Configure the command. StoredProcedure; SqlParameter param; // Add the parameter representing the return value. ReturnValue; // Add the input parameters. NET Tutorial // Execute the command. 4 Deriving Parameters So far, the stored procedure examples suffer in one respect: they import numerous database-specific details into your code. Not only do you need to hardcode exact parameter names, but you need to know the correct SQL Server data type, and the field length for any text data.
NET doesn't include a connection-pooling mechanism. NET providers do implement some form of connection pooling. In the case of the SQL Server and Oracle providers, this connection pooling mechanism is written entirely in managed code. In the case of the OLE DB and ODBC providers, this connection pooling depends on a lower level and has a few limitations. Most providers enable connection pooling automatically. However, you may be able to use connection string parameters to configure pool size settings.