By Steven Holzner, Bob Howell
Written for builders who have to wake up to hurry on ADO.NET, this e-book covers the ADO.NET item version from begin to end, from database instruments to making facts items, from developing net prone to constructing multi-tier database purposes. It additionally covers every little thing from home windows kinds periods and knowledge binding to making ASP.NET internet functions. greater than a reference e-book, the authors mix own adventure and most sensible practices with useful how-to wisdom. not like another books, this e-book was once written utilizing the respectable unlock of visible Studio.NET specialist, so all examples and code are totally brand new.
Read or Download ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET PDF
Best visual basic books
Light-weight but robust, VBScript from Microsoft is utilized in 4 major parts: server-side net purposes utilizing lively Server Pages (ASP), client-side internet scripts utilizing web Explorer, code in the back of Outlook varieties, and the automation of repetitive initiatives utilizing home windows Script Host (WSH). VBScript in a Nutshell, moment variation, can provide present and entire documentation for programmers and approach directors who are looking to advance powerful scripts in all 4 components.
This name is perfect for any developer who seeks tips on the way to take advantage of the database performance and complex, built-in improvement atmosphere in Microsoft visible easy . web. The e-book covers center visible easy database improvement issues, with info on utilizing visible easy . internet with Microsoft ActiveX information gadgets (ADO), ADO+, and Microsoft SQL Server.
Even if you are a newbie, energy consumer, or professional specialist, home windows Vista: The Definitive consultant has every little thing you must customise the working method, grasp your electronic media, deal with your info, and continue your laptop -- despite which home windows Vista variation you are using.
Why this publication and never another source? Bestselling writer and home windows specialist William Stanek does not simply train you the stairs you must keep on with, he additionally tells you ways gains paintings, why they paintings, and the way you could customise them to satisfy your wishes. you will the right way to squeeze out each final little bit of strength out of home windows Vista, and the way to take advantage of out of its good points and courses, together with how to:
- manage, customise and music home windows Vista - Optimize its visual appeal and function; set up, configure and retain software program; customise your undefined; and set up printers, scanners and faxes
- deal with your documents - seek your laptop extra successfully; safe your documents and information; percentage and collaborate; and get the main out of add-ons resembling the Mobility Center
- grasp your electronic media - Create media libraries with Media participant; deal with electronic photographs and video clips with picture Gallery; make DVDs with DVD Maker; and create video clips with motion picture Maker
- Get attached and begin networking - organize a house or small-office community; discover ways to use home windows Mail, Calendar, and assembly area; triumph over web Explorer 7; and grasp on-the-go networking
- safeguard your machine - hold your loved ones secure whereas on the web; organize parental controls and content material rankings; navigate the pc safety maze; configure home windows Vista's safety features
- deal with and help home windows Vista structures - take care of person money owed, disks and drives; deal with regimen upkeep and troubleshooting; and unravel complicated help and restoration issues
- research complex suggestions & thoughts - deal with the home windows boot atmosphere, discover crew coverage, detect keyboard shortcuts, and lots more and plenty extra
Starting Object-Oriented ASP. internet 2. zero with VB . internet covers the entire fundamentals, from definition to inheritance. This publication even contains a bankruptcy on visible Studio 2005 and Microsoft . internet Framework 2. zero, allowing you to create ASP. web 2. zero purposes. additionally integrated are chapters on developing internet kinds, internet controls, and internet providers.
- Pro WPF 4.5 in VB
- Access VBA Codebook
- Advanced Visual Basic 2010 (5th Edition)
- Creating and consuming Web services in Visual Basic
- C++ CLI: The Visual C++ Language for .NET
- MCAD/MCSD: Visual Basic .NET Windows and Web Applications Study Guide
Additional info for ADO.NET Programming in Visual Basic .NET
You can also use a system-stored procedure or function as the default. There is one situation where you MUST define a default value. This is when you append a new column to an existing table and define it as Not Null. Since SQL Server must be able to store some value in the column other than null, you must define a default. It then loads the new column with the default. • Precision and scale These two attributes are active only for the numeric or decimal data types. Precision is the maximum number of digits allowed.
The RecordSet object holds the results of SQL queries and implements methods for navigating through the rows and for adding, deleting, and updating rows. In its native connected mode, when you update the RecordSet, the results are immediately updated in the underlying database as well. If the RecordSet is opened with a dynamic cursor, other user's changes to the 50 Chapter 4. NET Class Library Chapter 4. NET Class Library 51 database are immediately made available. The RecordSet can also be used as a stand-alone object.
Now comes the good part. Click the Run button. As expected the program compiles, but instead of running as a Windows application a browser window opens and the WebForm1 appears. Pull down the View menu and select Source. Look at the HTML. It is very basic HTML. Click the Say Hello button. WebForm2 appears. Click the Go Back button and WebForm1 reappears. To end the application, close the browser window. All of the processing occurs on the server so the page will render properly in any browser. Just to try this out, I accessed the page from a Linux box I have running the KDE X-Windows environment.