By Dana L. Wyatt
This publication provides skilled builders the sensible perception they should construct firm functions utilizing visible simple .NET. utilizing vast code examples and a working case examine, the authors light up the .NET recommendations and applied sciences that supply builders the best energy and cost. They conceal the full technique of developing a .NET program: constructing an easy .NET console program; including a home windows types interface; keeping apart performance inside elements; supplying database entry through ADO.NET; securing your code; and utilizing ASP.NET to create internet functions and companies.
Read or Download Application Development Using Visual Basic® and .NET PDF
Best visual basic books
Light-weight but strong, VBScript from Microsoft is utilized in 4 major components: server-side internet purposes utilizing energetic Server Pages (ASP), client-side internet scripts utilizing net Explorer, code at the back of Outlook varieties, and the automation of repetitive initiatives utilizing home windows Script Host (WSH). VBScript in a Nutshell, moment variation, gives you present and whole documentation for programmers and method directors who are looking to strengthen powerful scripts in all 4 components.
This identify is perfect for any developer who seeks tips on the right way to take advantage of the database performance and complex, built-in improvement atmosphere in Microsoft visible easy . web. The e-book covers center visible simple database improvement themes, with info on utilizing visible uncomplicated . web with Microsoft ActiveX info items (ADO), ADO+, and Microsoft SQL Server.
No matter if you are a newbie, energy consumer, or pro specialist, home windows Vista: The Definitive consultant has every little thing you must customise the working process, grasp your electronic media, deal with your information, and continue your computing device -- despite which home windows Vista variation you are using.
Why this ebook and never another source? Bestselling writer and home windows specialist William Stanek does not simply educate you the stairs you want to keep on with, he additionally tells you ways good points paintings, why they paintings, and the way you could customise them to fulfill your wishes. you are going to the way to squeeze out each final little bit of strength out of home windows Vista, and the way to take advantage of out of its positive aspects and courses, together with how to:
- organize, customise and track home windows Vista - Optimize its visual appeal and function; set up, configure and keep software program; customise your undefined; and set up printers, scanners and faxes
- deal with your records - seek your machine extra successfully; safe your documents and information; percentage and collaborate; and get the main out of add-ons reminiscent of the Mobility Center
- grasp your electronic media - Create media libraries with Media participant; deal with electronic photographs and movies with picture Gallery; make DVDs with DVD Maker; and create video clips with motion picture Maker
- Get hooked up and begin networking - organize a house or small-office community; discover ways to use home windows Mail, Calendar, and assembly house; overcome web Explorer 7; and grasp on-the-go networking
- safeguard your machine - retain your loved ones secure whereas on the web; organize parental controls and content material scores; navigate the pc safety maze; configure home windows Vista's safeguard features
- deal with and help home windows Vista structures - take care of person money owed, disks and drives; deal with regimen upkeep and troubleshooting; and get to the bottom of complex help and restoration issues
- study complex assistance & concepts - deal with the home windows boot setting, discover workforce coverage, notice keyboard shortcuts, and lots more and plenty extra
Starting Object-Oriented ASP. internet 2. zero with VB . internet covers the entire fundamentals, from definition to inheritance. This e-book even features a bankruptcy on visible Studio 2005 and Microsoft . internet Framework 2. zero, allowing you to create ASP. web 2. zero functions. additionally integrated are chapters on growing internet kinds, internet controls, and net prone.
- Metaprogramming in .NET
- Learn Vb.Net
- Access 2010 Programmer’s Reference
- Advanced Visual Basic 2010 (5th Edition)
- Access 2007 VBA Programming For Dummies
- Programming MapPoint in .NET
Additional resources for Application Development Using Visual Basic® and .NET
NET language must have a Main method. This applies to Windows applications as well as to console applications. vb in the WindowsApplication1 program we created, you won't find a Main method. What's going on? If you look at the property page for the WindowsApplication1, you will see that Form1 is designated as the Startup object. With this setting, the system will supply the appropriate Main method for you, which will call the Run method of the Application class. NET has zero or more statements.
In the combo box for Output type choose Console Application, as illustrated in Figure 3-5. NET Language Figure 3-5. Changing the output type to Console Application. What do you suppose will happen when you build and run the application using the modified setting? The project builds fine, and when you run it, the blank form appears as before. But now, a console window is also displayed, which will stay open as long as the application is running. If you run it under the debugger, the console window stays open after the application window is closed and displays the message Press any key to continue You could actually write to this console window in your program code, which is a technique that is sometimes useful in debugging Windows applications.
Main window in Visual Studio for a new Console Application. For now, just build and run the application. If you run the program without debugging, a console window will be created and will stay open, and you will see the following output: Hello, world Press any key to continue If you run under the debugger, a console window will open briefly and then immediately close. You will need to do something in your program, such as prompt for input, to ensure that the console window stays open. We discuss this issue later in the chapter.