By Glenn Johnson
This can be truly an exceptional ebook. in reality, Wiley Publishers published four "60 mins an afternoon" books": Java, ASP.NET, XML and VB.NET.
The booklet comes with an accompanying web site with audio/visual presentation for every bankruptcy along with a PowerPoint presentation besides audio. caution: you could merely view the presentation with a excessive velocity broadband connection. Dial-up can basically get the audio and infrequently no longer even the audio. the web displays are positive, however the worth comes from the e-book itself, no longer the web presentation.
I frequently turn away from books with words like "In a weekend", "in 24 hours", "hour-a-day crash direction" and so forth. you actually cannot examine a brand new programming language in a couple of hours. even though, those BOOKS ARE AN EXCEPTION. The authors do not attempt to persuade you that you should anticipate to benefit ASP.NET utilizing visible Basic.NET in a weekend. in case you do the entire classes (some of that can take a section greater than an hour) plus attempt to do a number of unique functions by yourself, from scratch, you'll get a great beginning of the themes being taught.
I personal either the VB.NET and the ASP.NET (which can be VB.NET established) books and urged them to my scholars who desired to study visible Basic.NET.
This books is designed for those who wouldn't have the cash or the time to wait a reside, in-class path on ASP.NET utilizing visible Basic.NET. The authors expect, upfront, a few of the questions it's possible you'll ask to a reside teacher in the event you have been studying ASP.NET in a school room surroundings. in accordance with the authors, they've got taken their very own event as teachers and placed that have into the e-book. it really works lovely well.
(1) the booklet does not hide every little thing approximately .NET or approximately ASP.NET or concerning the .NET Framework. it is presents a self-study, introductory direction on ASP.NET. for those who entire the e-book, then you definitely should be fit to tackle a few extra complex subject matters akin to the main points of ADO.NET (an complete topic in itself, try out Murach Publisher's Murach's VB.NET Database Programming with ADO.NET by means of Doug Lowe, Anne Prince - ISBN: 1890774197 for that) and WinForms( try out Wiley Publisher's VB.NET in 60 mins an afternoon Bruce Barstow, Tony Martin ) (2) the net shows are just on hand to broadband subscribers. despite the fact that, even with no the movies, this could be an excellent introductory e-book for newbies who can't take a school room direction on net improvement utilizing VB.NET and ASP.NET.
Read or Download ASP.NET in 60 Minutes a Day PDF
Best visual basic books
Light-weight but strong, VBScript from Microsoft is utilized in 4 major components: server-side internet functions utilizing lively Server Pages (ASP), client-side internet scripts utilizing web Explorer, code in the back of Outlook kinds, and the automation of repetitive initiatives utilizing home windows Script Host (WSH). VBScript in a Nutshell, moment variation, can provide present and whole documentation for programmers and approach directors who are looking to boost powerful scripts in all 4 components.
This identify is perfect for any developer who seeks advice on how you can make the most the database performance and complex, built-in improvement surroundings in Microsoft visible easy . internet. The e-book covers center visible simple database improvement themes, with information on utilizing visible simple . web with Microsoft ActiveX information gadgets (ADO), ADO+, and Microsoft SQL Server.
Even if you are a newbie, energy consumer, or professional expert, home windows Vista: The Definitive advisor has every thing you must customise the working method, grasp your electronic media, deal with your information, and retain your computing device -- despite which home windows Vista variation you are using.
Why this publication and never another source? Bestselling writer and home windows professional William Stanek does not simply educate you the stairs you want to keep on with, he additionally tells you ways positive aspects paintings, why they paintings, and the way you could customise them to fulfill your wishes. you will how you can squeeze out each final little bit of strength out of home windows Vista, and the way to take advantage of out of its positive aspects and courses, together with how to:
- manage, customise and song home windows Vista - Optimize its visual appeal and function; set up, configure and hold software program; customise your undefined; and set up printers, scanners and faxes
- deal with your documents - seek your desktop extra successfully; safe your documents and information; percentage and collaborate; and get the main out of components similar to the Mobility Center
- grasp your electronic media - Create media libraries with Media participant; deal with electronic images and video clips with photograph Gallery; make DVDs with DVD Maker; and create video clips with motion picture Maker
- Get attached and begin networking - organize a house or small-office community; discover ways to use home windows Mail, Calendar, and assembly area; triumph over net Explorer 7; and grasp on-the-go networking
- guard your machine - retain your loved ones secure whereas on the net; manage parental controls and content material rankings; navigate the pc defense maze; configure home windows Vista's protection features
- deal with and help home windows Vista platforms - take care of person money owed, disks and drives; deal with regimen upkeep and troubleshooting; and get to the bottom of complicated aid and restoration issues
- study complex guidance & options - deal with the home windows boot surroundings, discover workforce coverage, observe keyboard shortcuts, and masses extra
Starting Object-Oriented ASP. web 2. zero with VB . internet covers the entire fundamentals, from definition to inheritance. This e-book even contains a bankruptcy on visible Studio 2005 and Microsoft . web Framework 2. zero, allowing you to create ASP. internet 2. zero purposes. additionally incorporated are chapters on developing net types, net controls, and internet providers.
- ADO.NET 3.5 Cookbook
- Visual Basic 2005 with .NET 3.0 Programmer's Reference
- Clearly Visual Basic: Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic 2012 (3rd Edition)
- Access 2003 VBA Programmer’s Reference
- DirectX 8 and Visual Basic Development
Extra resources for ASP.NET in 60 Minutes a Day
6). While this setting is good for client/server applications, Mixed Mode security is usually preferred for Internet applications. NET as Trusted Security or Integrated Security, uses your Windows account for SQL authentication. This means that you don’t need to explicitly log on to SQL Server. This is a great feature, but when you are working with Internet and multitier applications, it’s usually preferable to use a single standard SQL account for all user access to a database. Setting the authentication mode to Mixed Mode will allow you to use Windows accounts and standard SQL Server accounts.
6. Double-click the VS Developers group. Click the Members tab and add your account to the group. NET Web projects. 7. Close Computer Management. 8. Click Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, Local Security Settings. 9. Expand Local Policy, User Rights Assignment. 10. Double-click Log on Locally. A window will be displayed, showing the users and groups who have permissions to log on locally to this machine. Make sure that your account belongs to one of the listed groups, or add or account to the list.
Add your new account to the group. The Debugger Users group allows you to debug your applications (remember that you added this group as a SQL Server account when you installed SQL Server). 5. Double-click the VS Developers group. Click the Members tab, and add your account to the group. NET Web projects. 6. Close Active Directory Users and Computers. 7. Click Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, Local Security Settings. 8. Expand Local Policy, User Rights Assignment. 9. Double-click Log on Locally.